Tuesday 4 August 2009

It is not the broken heart that kills, but broken pride, monseigneur

(Parker)


This is a top I made the other day, fashioned from the material of an illfitting skirt. If I had a better photo of the whole outfit I would post it on lookbook - I had some pretty cute shoes to go with it... Anyway, I'd love to know what you think? I'm such an amateur with a needle and thread!


It was a friend's birthday; a dinner and cocktails. It was a classy affair to go with a classy girl so HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOTSTUFF! (Seeing as I'm not going to say her name I feel HOTSTUFF is a suitable alias)




And this outfit was just a bit of fun for a night out - I add the ruffles on the socks myself and felt like a big kid all night. Shame it looks like I have no friends in this photo ha! I should start calling myself Lonelygirl รก la Gossip Girl.

Hope all is good in the 'hood with you guys. It's rainy days and cups of tea where I am, you'll find me chilling in my Spongebob PJs although I'm thinking I might channel Blair Waldorf and wear a slip and dressing gown and knee high socks. Practical? I think not. But if I plan on going places, I better start dressing the part! As the show once said "Upper East Side Queens aren't born at the top. They climb their way up in heels, no matter who they have to tread on to do it." Wise words if I ever heard them.

3 comments:

  1. haha sure, hook that girl up with a job :) give her something better to do wih her life than pretend!

    I love the matching top and socks in that last picture, sooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top you made! So cute! Check out my blog at allthingsvogue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Gossip Girl!

    And the clothes look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete